I haven’t posted on here in a while, but I thought this would be the perfect time to get my blog back up and running again. I hope you are all staying safe and well during these weird and uncertain times. It is very easy to fall into a negative mindset, so I thought I would offer a few suggestions which I have found have benefitted me to stay positive and busy.
1. Watch something
- Netflix/Amazon – Catch up or try a series/films
- Movie marathon
- Disney+ – Go back down memory lane and re watch some classic Disney series / film
Even if you don’t normally read books or if you just don’t have the time, now is the perfect time to spend some time to get into a book, there is loads of e book options or you can order one online. You could also try reading new blogs and seeing what other ones are out there.
3. Spending more time for yourself
- Spend more time on your skincare routine
- Take a long bath
- Paint your nails
- give yourself a pedicure
4. Learn a new skill & be creative
- Learn a new make up look
- Computer software i.e photoshop
- Get a colouring book
- Improve and learn about something
- Learn a language
- Complete 10,000 steps a day
- Do a work out in the garden
- Go for run
- Use your phone, Fitbit, Apple Watch etc. to track exercise.
- Go on a bike ride
6. Keeping in touch with family and friends
There is loads of apps that you can get for smart phones or websites you can use to stay in touch with your friends and family, create a group chat or video call by using:
- Facebook Messenger
- Google Duo
- Microsoft Teams
7. Playing a game
- Download an app on your phone
- PC games, e.g Sims
- PS4/Xbox/Nintendo WII/Switch
- Game board, e.g Monopoly/uno
- Complete a Puzzle
- Card games
- Organise your home/room. Try re organising your make up draws, sorting through your clothes.
- Any small jobs that you have been meaning to get done around the house, a small patch of paint, fix a hole in the wall etc.
- Order that small piece of furniture you have been meaning to get.
- Do some gardening.
- Build some furniture.
9. Create a routine
10. Treat yourself
Online shopping is still available, so order yourself something to look forward to and help you during this difficult time.
- Item of clothing/ loungewear / gym wear
- Invest in some new make up
- Try some new Skincare or Body care
- Order a new game for you & family to play
- A piece of gym equipment/yoga Matt
I hope that this has helped you and you’re staying safe!